MEMBER EDUCATION HAS BECOME A CRITICAL FOCUS AREA AND WE TAKE IT PERSONALLY
Group Retirement Benefits & Group Risk
It’s not just about monetary reward and traditional benefits anymore.
The world’s most admired companies have adopted a more holistic view encompassing physical, mental and financial wellness for their workforce – to attract the best candidates and to retain the services of their best employees.At The People Company we have also adopted a more progressive view – a shift in approach from employee benefits to a holistic Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
Be Admired by Your Workforce
Let us shift your approach.
We understand these dynamics and the impact it can have on both the employer and employee and how to combine group solutions with the needs of individuals today. With our vast industry knowledge and experience we offer tailor made solutions for the employee benefits needs of any employer. Our knowledge also extends to financial planning and advice beyond your fund.
We make the management of all your Employee Benefits offerings easier through our personal services, which include but are not limited to:
Doing the basics right
- Detailed analysis of existing product benefits, costs and fund rules – highest level of understanding of workings of fund benefits, structures and most importantly costs.
- Focus on increasing contributions allocated to retirement investment – if we cannot add value we will walk away.
- Supplying of comparative quotations on competitive umbrella products and advice on suitability of various options and investment fund choices.
- Advice on optimal tax treatment of contributions and benefits both for individuals and group structures.
- On-going member education through written newsletters, presentations, emails and one-on-one consultations.
- Benefit explanation and education.
- Advice and assistance with financial planning on withdrawals at resignation, retrenchment and retirement through personal contact with each member leaving the scheme.
- Advice and assistance with investment fund choices – risk profiling – moving beyond defaults.
- Regular info sessions with members on benefits including annual info road shows and induction sessions.
- Visit employer premises to assist members with all relevant queries.
- Attend staff meetings on employee benefits.
- Training of human resources personnel.
CLAIMS AND QUERY RESOLUTION
- Dedicated The People Company staff to assist you.
- Assist and resolve provider queries and liaison.
- Handling of member claims, benefits, contributions and investment queries.
- Facilitate resolution of discrepancies with regard to member contributions.
- Co-ordination of membership contribution billing.
- Advice on contribution subsidy strategies.
- Analysis of competitive products and re-brokering of risk benefits on an annual basis.
INTEGRATION OF SERVICES
- Part of the FFG Group.
- Personal financial planning – advice on structure of Insurance Portfolio and Voluntary Investments – holistic planning.
- Funeral cover, Personal and Commercial Short-Term Insurance, Wills and Fiduciary Services, Finance Sourcing.
- Additional services on retirement funds – Replacement Ratios Project with Scenario Planning.
The Retirement Fund Administrators and Group Risk Insurers we are contracted to, and accredited with, for employee benefits are:
- Old Mutual
- Alexander Forbes
- Capital Alliance
- Discovery Life
One of the biggest Employee Benefits challenges in South Africa today is that people are not saving enough money for their retirement. This challenge is closely linked to the second biggest challenge facing our industry: employees’ lack of understanding of what benefits they have and what it means to them. Member education has become a critical focus area and we take it personally.
Through our various programs we ensure that members are communicated with in basic, simple, jargon-free language they understand best, including communicating with them in their own language. A key component of this education is starting in the right place – Financial Literacy: Managing your Finances and Debt.